Fall 2013 Academic Calendar
The Keio Law School academic calendar for fall 2013 is not yet available, however it is expected to be similar to the 2012 calendar provided below.
- Mid September: Orientation for Exchange Students
- September 24, 2012: Classes Start
- December 27, 2012: End of Semester
Keio Law School offers a number of courses in English that are aimed at Japanese law students who hope to enter international practice. These courses are also open to exchange students, and most are comparative in nature. The list of available courses for Fall 2013 is not yet available, however, the courses available in 2012 included the following:
- Comparative Corporate Law
- Corporate Finance and Law
- Corporate Governance & Risk Management
- M&A and Strategic Alliances
- Drafting International Agreements
- Seminar Theme - Japanese Law in English
- Government Relations and Law
- International IP Licensing Agreements
- International Business Transactions
- International Commercial Arbitration
Because course offerings may change from year to year, it is possible that not all eligible courses are listed above. Participants in this program who wish to enroll in any course not listed above must contact the Office of Transnational Programs by email to request approval. Participants should not expect to receive credit for courses that are not expressly approved by OTP.
Most courses at Keio carry 2 Keio credits. Classes meet for 90 minutes per week for 15 weeks. Based on the ABA requirement of 700 minutes of class time per credit, 2 Keio credits equal 1.92 Georgetown Law credits.
Keio Law School has limited dormitory rooms available to law students. Most students find short-term off campus housing. Keio's International Exchange Committee can assist in providing websites for student-oriented housing companies that provide information in English.
The budget below provides 2012-2013 amounts. Updated information for 2013-2014 will be posted by the end of April.