Office of Academic Affairs
Strategic Curricular Development – Faculty Support – Student Advising
The Office of Academic Affairs at Georgetown University Law Center provides academic resources and support to J.D. students and faculty. OAA leads the Law Center’s curricular planning, course scheduling, and academic policy development. OAA academic advisors are available to assist students with planning their course-load to maximize their time here at the Law Center and prepare them for the legal field.
J.D. Academic Advising
To schedule a one-on-one appointment with an academic advisor, please visit log in to Symplicity, email email@example.com or call (202) 662-9041. Available for appointments in person, by phone and by Zoom, advisors can help students with questions about academic planning, course selection and registration, academic policies, joint degrees, course withdrawals, and other academic concerns. All advisors are happy to assist with general course scheduling and strategy, course withdrawals, or policy questions, in addition to the areas of concentration listed below:
– Reena Glazer: joint and concurrent degree students, students returning from a leave of absence, requests to take courses at other schools in the University
– Kevin McGarry: transfer students, visiting students, students visiting away at another ABA-approved law school
– Emily Wack: evening students, division transfers, returning from a leave of absence, academic policies
Scheduling with Symplicity
Once you’ve logged into Symplicity, select “Counseling” from the top horizontal navigation menu, click on the “Request New Appointment” button, and follow the instructions below:
- Choose your filters – you can filter by appointment type (Academic Planning/Course Registration, Add/Drop, Course Withdrawal, or Live Registration), location (“Office of Academic Affairs”), format (in-person, phone or virtual), date and time, and/or by counselor name (Emily Wack or Reena Glazer)
- Click Check Availability
- Select your appointment date and time by clicking on the counselor name
- A pop-up confirmation window will appear; complete all required fields and click Submit. A confirmation email will be sent as well as a reminder email.
If you experience any difficulties while scheduling an appointment, contact the OAA front desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-662-9041.
OAA offers virtual drop-in advising for students with quick questions. These one-on-one consultations are managed using Zoom’s waiting room feature.
– Monday and Wednesday from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. ET
Please email email@example.com for the Zoom ID.
Monday - Thursday
9:00am - 5:30pm
9:30am - 5:30pm
The Office of Academic Affairs will be closed on April 7 in observance of Good Friday. Please contact us by email or voicemail, and we will get back to you as soon as possible on Monday, April 10.