Office of Academic Affairs
Strategic Curricular Development - Faculty Support – Student Advising
The Office of Academic Affairs at Georgetown University Law Center provides academic resources and support to J.D. students and faculty. OAA leads the Law Center’s curricular planning, course scheduling, and academic policy development. OAA academic advisors are available to assist students with planning their course-load to maximize their time here at the Law Center and prepare them for the legal field.
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 6:00pm
J.D. Academic Advising
To schedule a one-on-one appointments with one of our academic advisors, please visit our online scheduling tool, Symplicity, or call (202) 662-9041. All advisors are happy to assist with general course scheduling and strategy, in addition to the areas of concentration listed below:
– For advice on joint and concurrent degree programs, we recommend meeting with Reena Glazer.
– For permission to take courses on the Main Campus or taking summer courses at another ABA-approved law school, we recommend meeting with Emily Wack.
– For advice on transfer student course selection, we recommend meeting with Ian Wilhite.
OAA will be hosting drop-in appointments for students who have quick questions about course planning, summer courses and registration, academic policies, joint degrees, course withdrawals, or other academic concerns. These drop-in hours will take place in addition to regularly scheduled appointments, and will be managed using Zoom’s waiting room feature.
– Monday from 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm EST
– Thursday from 2:30 pm – 3:30 pm EST
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the Zoom ID.