J.D. Academic Advising
To schedule a one-on-one appointment with an academic advisor, please visit our online scheduling tool, Symplicity, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (202) 662-9041. Available for appointments in person, by phone and by Zoom, advisors can help students with questions about academic planning, course selection and registration, academic policies, joint degrees, course withdrawals, and other academic concerns. All advisors are happy to assist with general course scheduling and strategy, course withdrawals, or policy questions, in addition to the areas of concentration listed below:
– Reena Glazer: joint and concurrent degree students, students returning from a leave of absence, requests to take courses at other schools in the University
– Kevin McGarry: transfer students, visiting students, students visiting away at another ABA-approved law school
– Emily Wack: evening students, students transferring between full-time and evening divisions, students returning from a leave of absence, academic policy questions
Scheduling with Symplicity
Once you’ve logged into Symplicity, select “Counseling Appointment” from the left-hand navigation menu, click on the “Request New Appointment” button, and follow the instructions below:
- Choose your filters – you can filter by appointment type (Academic Planning/Course Registration, Add/Drop, Course Withdrawal, or Live Registration), location (Office of Academic Affairs), date and time, and/or by counselor name (Emily Wack, Reena Glazer, or Kevin McGarry)
- Click Check Availability
- Select your appointment date and time by clicking on the counselor name
- A pop-up confirmation window will appear; complete all required fields and click Submit. A confirmation email will be sent as well as a reminder email.
If you experience any difficulties while scheduling an appointment, contact the OAA front desk at email@example.com or 202-662-9041.
OAA offers virtual drop-in advising for students with quick questions. These one-on-one consultations are managed using Zoom’s waiting room feature.
– Monday and Wednesday from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. ET.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the Zoom ID.