Students borrowing federal Stafford and/or Graduate PLUS loans must complete the following federally required steps before any such loans can disburse.
All requirements should be completed at studentloans.gov
When completing the steps below, select Georgetown University as the school attended.
- Graduate Entrance Counseling
- required only for first-time Georgetown Law borrowers
- Subsidized/Unsubsidized Master Promissory Note
- required only for the first year of Stafford borrowing at Georgetown Law
- Graduate PLUS Application
- required every year of Grad PLUS borrowing
- students are encouraged to apply for “maximum” as the loan amount when completing the federal Graduate PLUS application. Accepting the “maximum” generates one credit check and allows for flexibility in what the student will request to be disbursed into their Student Account on their behalf. Requesting the specific dollar amount will be made directly to Georgetown Law utilizing either the Blue Form for incoming students or the Green Form for continuing students.
- Graduate PLUS Master Promissory Note
- required only for the first year of Grad PLUS borrowing at Georgetown Law
PLUS borrowers who are approved with a co-signor/endorser or after an appeal of a credit denial have additional requirements. Please check with the Office of Financial Aid for more information.
Private/commercial loan requirements vary by lender. Borrowers choosing private/commercial loans should consult with their lenders and complete all applicable requirements.