Potts v. Baltimore City Police Department
ICAP successfully represented a wrongly convicted man seeking to hold the Baltimore City Police Department liable for its officers’ misconduct toward him. The case was certified to the Maryland Court of Appeals from a federal district court.
- 4/24/20 – Opinion issued by Maryland Court of Appeals holding the city and police department liable because the officers acted within the scope of their employment
- 1/17/20 – Reply brief filed by appellant Baltimore City Police Department
- 12/20/19 – Amicus brief filed by Public Justice Center; ACLU of Maryland; the Youth, Education and Justice Clinic at the University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law; and the Baltimore Action Legal Team in support of appellee
- 12/16/19 – Amicus brief filed by victims of the Baltimore Police Department in support of appellee
- 12/16/19 – Response brief filed by appellee Ivan Potts
- 10/28/19 – Opening brief filed by appellant Baltimore City Police Department