Internal organizations and departments reserve spaces at Georgetown Law through the Office of Student Life. Request forms are available online through the links below or in hardcopy at the Office of Student Life, McDonough Room 171. Request forms may be printed and faxed to (202) 662-9261, or submitted electronically to email@example.com. Before completing a request form, please review the criteria below each link to be certain you are using the correct form.
Room Space Request Form
- routine meeting in a lecture hall, classroom or conference room
- attended primarily by internal members of the Law Center community– students, staff and faculty
(one or two low-profile guest speakers to a limited group of internal attendees is okay; may also be used by clinics for client meetings)
- no extensive audio visual requirements
- no extensive facilities management needs
- no external catering or extensive internal catering (brown bags, pot lucks and pizza are okay; user assumes responsibility for cleanup)
- no alcoholic beverages
- do not use for Make-Up Classes
Special Events Request (Pink Form)
ALWAYS used to reserve:
- the Gewirz 12th Floor
- the Hart Auditorium
- Tower Green, the Library Quad and other external areas
- atriums and other public access areas
- The Library's Fifth Floor, the SCI Moot Courtroom, the Faculty Lounge and the Faculty Dining Room (limited availability and additional approval required - takes more time to process)
ALSO used to reserve lecture halls, classrooms and conference rooms for Special Event Activities. Special Event Activities include:
- outside guests, members of the general public or VIPs in attendance
- high profile / high security speakers
- special audio visual services are required
- furniture arrangement, extra chairs or extra trash cans are required
- external catering or extensive internal catering
- alcoholic beverages are a component of the event
- With the exception of bar review companies, external requests are vetted through the Office of Special Events, which also coordinates activities for external organizations that are sponsored by internal faculty members and departments.
- Individuals may not request Special Events spaces or host Special Event activities, however they may be able to rent facilities through the Office of Special Events.
- Special Events requests should be submitted a minimum of two weeks prior to an event. Facilities Management and Audio Visual require a minimum notice of two weeks for their services, and Public Safety may need to schedule additional personnel.
Table Request Form
- used to reserve the tables in the Chapel Area
- only internal organizations may use these tables on Wednesdays
Rescheduled Class Notification Form
Review Session Request Form
- For Faculty use only.
- Always used to schedule a "make-up class" or "Review class".
- Copies of these forms are sent to the Office of the Registrar and the Audio Visual Dept.
Room & Space Reservation Policies
Please provide all information requested on the form and print legibly. Incomplete and illegible forms delay processing.
Provided the form has been filled out completely and legibly, room assignments for most events will be emailed within three business days. Special Event assignments are usually emailed within ten business days.