Georgetown Law will open at 11:00 am on Tuesday, December 10, 2013, with liberal leave in effect. The Law Library will open at its regular hour. All in-class exams scheduled to begin at 9:00 am will begin at 1:30 pm.
PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR AN UPDATE AT 9:00 AM, Tuesday, December 10th, for any changes to the Law Center's operating status resulting from changes in the weather.
All designated emergency employees must report to work on time. All other employees are expected to report to work by 11:00 am. Employees may take unscheduled leave, but should contact their supervisor to discuss the needs of their unit and individual circumstances.
Special events and programs scheduled to start before 11:00 am will be delayed and may be cancelled. Please check with your program planner to determine status.
An in-house lawyer is employed by a corporation. The corporation may have one attorney or a large legal department. Typically, very few opportunities exist for new graduates to start as in-house corporate counsel - these positions are generally filled through a lateral hire from a law firm or government agency. However, some corporations will hire students as law clerks to work throughout the school year or over the summers. In recent years, Georgetown Law students have spent their summers at a variety of corporations including ExxonMobil, Fox Sports, CitiSelect, Pepco Holdings, Liberty Mutual and many others.
- Becoming In-house Counsel: A Guide for Law Students and Recent Graduates (Association of Corporate Counsel)
- Association of Corporate Counsel
- Corporate Counsel
- Minority Corporate Counsel Association
- Inside Counsel
- WMACCA Corporate Scholars Program – internship program for DC area law students
- Lawyers in Business Guide (Yale Law)
- Goinhouse.com - a job board focused solely on in-house positions