Early Interview Week
2017 Dates: August 7 - 10, 2017
Location: Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill
Georgetown Law's Early Interview Week (EIW) program is one of the largest law student interview programs in the country, generating nearly 7,000 interviews in just 4 days. EIW is a hybrid interview assignment program. While 70% of a given interview schedule will remain lottery-based, 30% of the interview schedule will be students selected by employers.
Important Dates for 2017:
- February 3: EIW Registration Open via Symplicity
- March 1: Employers notified of assigned on-campus interview dates*
- May 24: Employers viewable to students via Symplicity
- June 9-30: Student Bidding Period
- July 10: Student Resumes available
- July 17: Employer Candidate selections due
*Dates are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis
*We are also prioritizing equitable distribution of employers across our four interview days. In other words, we are going to cap the number of employers who are able to interview on each date. We feel this decision will benefit our students.
$750 for the first schedule
$400 for the second schedule
$375 for each additional schedule
Invoices will be emailed out in April.
NOTE: These fees do not include the hotel rooms, which are used for interviewing. Employers are responsible for booking the appropriate number of hotel rooms directly with the hotel.
How to Register:
Employers may register online via Symplicity or via email by sending all contact information and hiring criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to register is May 5, 2017.
To register via Symplicity:
1. Log into Symplicity
2. Click on OCI and then "Request Schedule." Please make sure to complete your Summer Program Outcome and OCI Feedback surveys before completing your registration.
3. Make sure "2017 Early Interview Week" is selected from the Sessions drop down menu.
4. Fill out your hiring criteria, class years interviewing, preferred dates, office locations if registering multiple offices, and any other necessary details.
5. Click Submit. You will receive an automated email confirming receipt of your registration.
All EIW interviews will be held at the Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, 400 New Jersey Avenue, N.W., Washington, DC, 20001. Employers are responsible for hotel reservations and expenses.
All hotel room reservations MUST be made by July 14, 2017.
To reserve rooms please follow the steps below:
- Reserve all guest/interview rooms and suites online by clicking HERE.
- Reservations should be made for the night prior to the interview date listed above regardless of whether your interviewer will be staying in the room overnight (e.g., if you are scheduled to interview on August 9, request an arrival date of August 8). Please reserve only one room for each interview schedule you plan to conduct. The reservation should be made in the name of the guest checking into the hotel.
- After receiving your hotel confirmation email you MUST
complete the Interview Room Confirmation Form and the Credit Card
Authorization Form. Once completed please email them to Jessica Frazee, Event
Planning Manager at at
email@example.com. Please make sure the credit card used to
secure the room is valid through your reservation stay dates. If not,
the guest will be required to present a new card at check-in.
HOSPITALITY AND GUEST ROOM SUITES
Many firms reserve additional hotel rooms or meeting rooms on the day of their interviews to be used as spaces for students to drop off resumes and speak with firm representatives.
- Hospitality Suites
are meeting spaces located on the second floor of the hotel.
($200-$350/day plus catering needs) To reserve a space please contact
Melina Rivera at (202)719-8404 or by emailing her at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Reservations must be made by July 7, 2017.
- Guest Room Suites
are spacious guest rooms with a separate living area. Available in
three floor plans; Executive Suite, Capitol Suite, or Regency Suite.
These rooms can be reserved through the guest room reservation website
(link found above). These suites are available on a first-come,
first-served basis. IMPORTANT: Please only book ONE guest room suite per firm. These suites are to be used as hospitality suites, NOT for regular interviews.
For catering needs, please contact Melina Rivera at (202)719-8404 or by emailing her at email@example.com to make the appropriate arrangements.
Please contact Andrea Waters at (202)662-9301.