LIVE STREAMING EVENT:
CAREERS IN INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
January 29, 2014
ASIL Headquarters, Washington, DC
TIME: 5:30–7:30 p.m. (EST)
Sponsored by the ASIL New Professionals Interest Group
Working at an international organization offers unique insight into how international law is made through the convergence of national interests, personal dynamics, global realities, and constantly evolving norms. But how does a lawyer enter these labyrinths? What is it like to work in them? How do you get the assignments that advance your career once inside? And where do you go from there? Panelists at this event sponsored by ASIL's New Professionals Interest Group will share the perspectives they have gained from the United Nations, the World Bank, the Organization of American States, and other international organizations, answering these questions and ones posed by the audience.
• Heidi Jimenez, Pan-American Health Organization
• Steve Koh, ASIL (former attorney at the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia and International Criminal Court)
• Grace Menck, Inter-American Development Bank
• Simone Schwartz-Delgado, United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
• Lisl Brunner, Global Network Initiative (former attorney at the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights)
LIVE STREAMING INFORMATION:
This event is available to your law school via live stream at: www.asil.org/live.
Posted by Morgan Hoey at 9:47 AM
All class years