The Washington Bar Association Young Lawyers Division invites you to join them for “Tips from the Bench: Becoming a Judge” on Tuesday, January 17th at 6:30pm at the law office of The DGO Law Group, PLLC (1425 K Street, NW, Suite 350). This panel discussion on the process of becoming a judge in the federal and state courts and agencies in the District of Columbia will cover the various components of the District of Columbia judicial branch, the role of administrative judges in federal agencies and share their personal journeys to become judges and why they pursued a career in the judiciary. Panelists will also be available to answer questions from the audience about this topic.
Panelists will include:
- Administrative Law Judge Claudia Critchlow, Office of Administrative Hearings DC
- Judge Robert Rigsby, Associate Judge, DC Superior Court
- Judge Reggie Walton, US District Court for DC
- Administrative Law Judge Philip C. Baten, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- Administrative Law Judge H. Alexander Manuel, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development