Rising 3Ls and soon-to-be-graduates, please remember that Monday, May 20, at 5 pm is the deadline to turn in your application packets for the Ninth Clerkship Mailing at OCS. This is your last chance to send paper applications to judges before the official Federal Law Clerk Hiring Plan date!
Because of the volume of applications received, all applications received after this date will be part of the First Mailing, which will arrive in judges’ chambers on Friday, June 28. The deadline for the First Mailing is Monday, June 3.
For additional information on how to apply, please see the Careers website at http://www.law.georgetown.edu/careers/career-planning/fellowships-clerkships-honors/clerkships/application-process/index.cfm.
The Consumer Unit of the Legal Aid Society of the District of Columbia seeks interns for the Fall 2013 semester. Legal Aid’s Consumer Unit provides same-day representation in Small Claims Court on Wednesdays and on the debt collections docket in the Civil Division on Fridays. While the focus of these Consumer Court-Based Legal Services Projects is debt collection defense – that is, stepping in to represent pro se defendants in debt collection matters, both in court and in mediation – project attorneys provide legal advice and referrals on a wide range of consumer law issues that arise on these judicial calendars.
Click on the above link for additional information and application instructions.
May 15 2013
Hot Job: Summer 2013 Program Assistant -- Women's Law and Public Policy Fellowship Program
The Women’s Law and Public Policy Fellowship Program (WLPPFP) is looking for a full time Summer Program/Research Assistant, with the possibility of continuing part time during the academic year. This is a great opportunity to interact with key women’s rights attorneys and organizations within the DC area, as well as accomplished lawyers from Africa. Duties include a variety of administrative support tasks, drafting newsletter articles, updating the website, outreach to WLPPFP alumni, drafting project proposals, planning fellowship events, assisting incoming Leadership and Advocacy for Women in Africa (LAWA) Fellows and other responsibilities.
For additional information regarding the WLPPFP, please visit our website at: http://www.law.georgetown.edu/wlppfp/.
Click the above link for additional information and application instructions.
High level organization, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task is a must. Interest in women’s issues and/or international human rights is a plus. Applicants must be current Georgetown Law students. May 2013 graduates are not eligible. For more information or to apply please contact Jill Morrison, Executive Director, email@example.com. Applications (please email your resume and cover letter) are due Friday, May 24th.
May 13 2013
2013 Summer Seeker Survey
Still looking for a summer internship? Please let OPICS & OCS know!
If you are still seeking a placement for your summer internship, please fill out the 2013 Summer Seeker Survey and let us know. Counselors often get requests for interns interested in specific areas of law or geographic locations and we would like to keep you in mind. As always, keep an eye on Symplicity and PSDJ.org for opportunities.
Safety Net Hospitals for Pharmaceutical Access (SNHPA) seeks a
law student to work as a paid law clerk during summer 2013, and possibly
beyond, on issues related to providing pharmaceutical care at hospitals
serving large numbers of low income and uninsured patients.
For more information and to apply, see Symplicity Job Posting ID# 28633.
A leading insurance company in California is offering a 2-year paid legal fellowship in its California office that will provide inexperienced attorneys with a paid opportunity to practice law under the supervision of seasoned practitioners. Please click on the headline above for additional information and application instructions.
The Law Student Division elects three Delegates to the ABA House of Delegates (the ABA's governing body) to serve a one-year term. In short, these delegates are responsible for:
Representing the Division in the ABA House of Delegates and advocating Division positions to other ABA entities;
• Advocating ABA House of Delegates adoption of Division resolutions, co-sponsored resolutions, and resolutions directly affecting law students and legal education;
• Serving as the primary contact and coordinators to the 65+ Law Student Division liaisons to other ABA entities; and
• Working with Division and other ABA leaders to promote, advocate and lobby for law student and legal education legislation.
For more information, a position overview and a Nomination Form for the Division Delegate position, visit ambar.org/lsdleadership.
Vice Chair-Student Bar Associations
Student Bar Associations serve as an essential link between the Division and law students around the country. SBA Presidents bring the concerns and issues of their students from a regional level to the ABA national level. The Vice Chair-SBA serves as the voice and representative of SBAs on a national level. Serving a one-year term, the Vice Chair-SBA is responsible for...please click on the headline above for additional information.
Posted by Jennifer Wetzel at 11:03 AM - Categories: All class years
As you receive judicial clerkship interviews and offers, please remember to fill out the following forms, so that OCS can keep their statistics up-to-date and better serve you and your peers in the future. All forms are available online here: http://www.law.georgetown.edu/careers/career-planning/fellowships-clerkships-honors/clerkships/application-process/surveys.cfm.
• Interview Notification Form – Fill out this form when you receive an interview offer. If you have received an offer to interview, but have declined that offer, we still want to know – just indicate “declined” in the interview date cell. This form is available online here: http://apps.law.georgetown.edu/forms/form.cfm?FormID=242.
• Clerkship Interview Survey – These forms are anonymous and are used by future interviewees to learn about any quirks or techniques they should be prepared for when interviewing with the same Judge. If you would like to learn more about how your Judge interviews, these forms are located in the OCS office next to the Hearsay binders. This form is available online here: http://apps.law.georgetown.edu/forms/form.cfm?FormID=594.
• Clerkship Offer Survey – If you have been offered a clerkship (congratulations!), please fill out this form to let us know of your success, and to indicate your willingness to speak with future Georgetown students about clerking. This form is available online here: http://apps.law.georgetown.edu/forms/form.cfm?FormID=243.
Posted by Jennifer Wetzel at 9:43 AM - Categories: Judicial Clerkships
A DC Superior Court judge is currently hiring...please click on the headline above for additional information.
May 9 2013
HOT JOBS: State Court Clerkships
Interested in an appellate clerkship, but think the timing has passed
you by? Many state supreme courts have deadlines soon for 2014-2015
judicial clerkships...please click on the headline above for additional information.