All students taking over eight (8) credit hours per semester must have health insurance. Reimbursements for medical expenses may be submitted to cover certain costs associated with medical, dental, eye exams, or certain emergency procedures AFTER your insurance company has made their adjustment and you have made the required payment to your healthcare provider.
Reimbursements for health related charges will be considered when complete and current documentation has been received showing paid charges. Please be sure to itemize all dates and procedures on page 2 of the request form. If you need additional space for itemization, please submit on a separate sheet of paper or Excel spreadsheet.
- Reimbursements for health insurance coverage will be considered when complete and current documentation has been received showing charge above what is allotted in the student budget for health insurance.
- Please submit your health insurance coverage statement for all non-Georgetown health insurance along with one copy of your most recent proof of payment. The document should detail who is covered, the monthly amount and dates of coverage.
- For Georgetown health or dental insurance covering more than the student, simply submit your insurance coverage statement.
- Documentation is not needed for student-only Georgetown health insurance. Simply state that you have Georgetown health insurance on page 2 of the request form.
- For any ongoing medical appointments, procedures or prescriptions, you should provide the current cost and course of treatment document from your healthcare provider as well as the most recent proof of payment document/receipt.
- One-time procedures, surgeries or appointments must follow reimbursement guidelines.
Cosmetic, spa or pet medical expenses are NOT eligible for reimbursement.
*Notes regarding increases to your Federal loans:
The Department of Education assesses fees to originate (create) ALL federal loans. The Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan has a current origination fee of 1.059% and the Federal Direct Graduate PLUS (GradPLUS) Loan has a current origination fee of 4.236%. The amount that is originated on your behalf will be processed to include these fees. The amount that you will see on your financial aid award in MyAccess will be higher by the amount of these fees. The amount that will post to your student account and is refunded to you, will be lower by the amount of these origination fees or the direct amount that you specify below.