E.B. v. Pompeo
ICAP represents three aspiring immigrants and their family members in a challenge to a new State Department rule requiring nearly all applicants for the Diversity Visa Program to have a valid passport, arguing it would effectively bar applicants from developing countries where passport ownership is rare and getting a passport can be prohibitively costly and time-consuming.
- 2/13/20 – Filed an opposition to a motion to dismiss
- 12/17/19 – Filed an amended complaint
- 10/22/19 – Filed a reply brief in support of a motion for preliminary injunction
- 9/24/19 – Filed a complaint and motion for preliminary injunction to keep a new Diversity Visa Program rule from going into effect
In the News
- 9/25/19 – Law360 covers ICAP’s representation of aspiring immigrants in a challenge to a new Diversity Visa Program rule