Georgetown Law Closed: Wednesday, March 21
The Law Center is closed today, Wednesday, March 21, 2018, due to inclement weather. All activities and services, including scheduled events (student organization meetings and events, CLE, and conferences), are canceled. On-site classes will not be held in person and will be held according to the faculty member’s instructional continuity plan. All administrative offices are closed. The food services operation, fitness center and Early Learning Center are closed. The library is closed. It is expected that only designated emergency employees will come to the Law Center to fulfill their responsibilities. All others -- including students, staff, faculty, and visitors -- are expected not come to the Law Center, which will not be staffed to support anything other than essential life safety and snow/ice clearing functions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please refer to the left-hand navigation for answers to the following frequently asked questions:
- What is an LL.M.?
- How Many Students are in the LL.M . Program?
- How many credits does it take to complete an LL.M.?
- How long does it take to complete the LL.M.?
- How much does the LL.M. program cost?
- Can I work while enrolled in a full-time graduate degree program?
- If I enter the program as a part-time LL.M. student may I transfer to full-time status?
- Can I transfer to the J.D. program from the LL.M. program?
- Does admission to the LL.M. program guarantee or assure admission into the S.J.D. program?
- May I take graduate classes at Georgetown Law without enrolling in an LL.M. program?
- Does Georgetown Law offer "conditional admission" to its Graduate Programs?
- Does it help to apply early?
- When will I know the decision?
- Can I apply to more than one graduate degree program simultaneously?
- If I apply Early Action and am admitted, am I required to attend Georgetown?
- How do I reapply if I applied previously to a graduate program and was not accepted?
- Is there a grade cutoff for admission?
- How many recommendations should I submit?
- Do I have to complete the Registrar's Certification Form?
- Do you require the test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)?
- May I request a waiver of the TOEFL?
- Do you accept any test of English other than a TOEFL?
- How long are TOEFL scores valid?
- Do you grant application fee waivers to graduate applicants?
- Can I get advanced standing for credit earned at another institution?
- Can I get advanced standing in a graduate program if I received my J.D. from Georgetown Law?
- May I get advanced standing in a graduate program if I earned non-degree credits at Georgetown Law?
- Is there career placement assistance for LL.M. students?
- If I am a foreign educated student, can I take a bar exam after I earn my LL.M.?