Legal Research Classes
The Georgetown Law Library offers various legal research classes throughout the year on topics such as research strategy and cost-effective legal research. Westlaw, LexisNexis, and other database vendors also offer classes on how to use their products to do legal research.
Fall Faculty Research Assistant Training
The library will be offering two research training sessions for new faculty research assistants this summer. In this training, research assistants will learn about library services and policies and will gain an introduction to our databases and best research practices.
The sessions will be held at the following dates/times in the Computer Learning Center (CLC) in the Williams Law Library:
- Thursday, Sept. 25, 12:00pm-1:00pm
- Tuesday, Oct. 7, 3:00pm-4:00pm
Space is limited, so sign up today!
Any questions or requests for additional information may be sent to Morgan Stoddard, Research Services Librarian, email@example.com, 202-661-6598.
Legal Research & Writing Classes Signup (LRW)
Below are the links to the online sign-up forms for students enrolled in Legal Research & Writing (LRW) classes. The sessions are assigned to a particular LRW Section. There are 5 make-up sessions open to student from all LRW Sections. Classes are 55 minutes.
All classes are held in the Williams Library, Computer Learning Center (CLC), and students can use one of the computers in the CLC or can bring their own laptops. For help with the online sign-up system or other questions about these classes, please contact the Reference Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Christine Ciambella (email@example.com) for assistance.
LRW Caselaw Sessions
- Fri., Sept. 19, 12:00pm (DeLaurentis & Donahoe students may attend)
- Fri., Sept. 19, 11:00am (DeLaurentis students only)
- Fri., Sept. 19, 2:20pm (DeLaurentis students only)
- Tues., Sept. 23, 1:20pm (DeLaurentis students only)
- Thurs., Sept. 18, 1:20pm (Donahoe students only)
- Thurs., Sept. 18, 2:30pm (Donahoe students only)
- Fri., Sept. 12, 11:10am
- Tues., Sept. 16, 9:00am
- Tues., Sept. 16, 10:05am
- Tues., Sept. 16, 11:10am
- Wed., Sept. 17, 3:30pm
- Wed., Sept. 24, 11:00am
- Wed., Sept. 24, 12:00pm
- Thurs., Sept. 25, 1:20pm
- Fri., Sept. 26, 1:20pm
- Fri., Sept. 26, 2:20pm
- Mon., Sept. 22, 11:00am
- Mon., Sept. 22, 12:00pm (Ross students only)
- Fri., Sept. 26, 10:00am (Ross students only)
- Fri., Sept. 19, 9:00am (Sirota students only)
- Fri., Sept. 19, 10:00am (Sirota students only)
- Fri., Sept. 19, 1:20pm
- Mon., Sept. 22, 3:30pm
- Fri., Sept. 26, 9:00am
- Fri., Sept. 26, 11:00am