Georgetown Law will open at 11:00 am on Tuesday, December 10, 2013, with liberal leave in effect. The Law Library will open at its regular hour. All in-class exams scheduled to begin at 9:00 am will begin at 1:30 pm.
PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR AN UPDATE AT 9:00 AM, Tuesday, December 10th, for any changes to the Law Center's operating status resulting from changes in the weather.
All designated emergency employees must report to work on time. All other employees are expected to report to work by 11:00 am. Employees may take unscheduled leave, but should contact their supervisor to discuss the needs of their unit and individual circumstances.
Special events and programs scheduled to start before 11:00 am will be delayed and may be cancelled. Please check with your program planner to determine status.
This State Guide lists the major sources of law in Ohio.
- Ohio Legal Research
A guide to legal publications and research in published by the reference librarians at Cleveland-Marshall College of Law Library.
- Ohio Legal Research by Katherine L. Hall & Sara Sampson (2009). KFO75 H357
- Ohio Legal Research Guide by Melanie K. Putnam & Susan M. Schaefgen (1997) KFO75. P88
STATUTES & LEGISLATION
- State Constitution (1851 Constitution with Amendments to 2011)
- Constitution of the State of Ohio, 1802
- Constitution of the State of Ohio, 1851
- Print: Page's Ohio Revised Code Annotated KFO30 1953 .A4
- Print: Baldwin's Ohio Revised Code Annotated KFO30 1994 .A2
- Session Laws: HeinOnline, 1803-
- A Guide to Legislative History in Ohio (Legislative Service Commission)
- Ohio Revised Code
- Ohio Session Laws (1997- )
- General Assembly (Includes bill text and bill histories, 1997- )
- Ohio Senate
- Ohio House
REGULATIONS & AGENCIES
- Print: Ohio Administrative Code KFO35 1994 (subscription cancelled- last updated in 2008)
CASES & COURTS
- Print: West's North Eastern Reporter 2d KF135 .N612
- Print: Ohio State Reports 3d KFO45 .A23 (see also 1st & 2nd series)
- Supreme Court (includes an attorney directory)
- District Courts of Appeals
- Ohio Rules of Court
- Caseload statistics are published in the Ohio Courts Summary, available from the Supreme Court or from Ohio Memory.
STATE LAW REVIEWS & BAR JOURNALS
- Ohio's nine law schools have too many journals to list here.
- Georgetown subscribed to the electronic versions of several Ohio Law reviews. Search for those titles through our Hein Online subscription or in GULLiver for a print version.
LEGAL ETHICS RESOURCES
- Board of Commissioners on Grievances & Discipline (links to ethics rules for lawyers and judges)
- Print: Ohio Jurisprudence 3d KFO80 .O33
Last Updated 9/10 (SAS)
© Georgetown University Law Library. These guides may be used for educational purposes, as long as proper credit is given. These guides may not be sold. Requests to republish or adapt a guide should be directed to the Head of Reference. Proper credit includes the statement: Written by, or adapted from, Georgetown Law Library (current as of .....).