Bishop of Charleston v. Adams
ICAP represents the South Carolina State Conference of the NAACP and the Orangeburg County School District in an attempt to intervene and defend against the erosion of public-school funding in South Carolina. Plaintiffs in the case seek to invalidate Article XI, Section 4 of the South Carolina Constitution—also known as South Carolina’s “no-aid provision,” which prohibits public funds from being diverted to private schools—under the Free Exercise Clause and Equal Protection Clause of the U.S. Constitution.
- 5/26/22 – Filed an amicus brief in the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals in support of Defendants’ motion for summary judgment
- 10/12/21 – Filed an opening brief in the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- 10/6/21 – Filed an amicus brief in the district court in support of Defendants’ motion for summary judgment
- 7/7/21 – Filed a reply in support of a motion to intervene
- 6/16/21 – Filed a proposed motion to dismiss
- 6/16/21 – Filed a motion to intervene