Who May Use the Library
Georgetown Law Library is open to
- current Georgetown University students, faculty, and staff;
- Georgetown Law alumni;
- members of the Law Library’s Friends of the Library program;
- members of the Law Library’s Public Patron Program;
- pre-authorized Visiting Scholars and Visiting Researchers; and
- current students and faculty of other law schools.
Change as of Monday, September 16, 2019The library will require a letter from your home library verifying your name and current status at your law school if your ID does not clearly show this level of detail. This change has been made in response to several universities moving to ID systems that do not distinguish law students from other students.
Members of these groups should bring appropriate identification when they come to the Library. Only current Georgetown University students, faculty, and staff have borrowing privileges. During our examination periods, students of other law schools will not be admitted. Call our Circulation Desk to verify when our school is in its exam period: 202-662-9131.
Our Special Collections department is open to all by appointment, please contact our Special Collections department directly.