The Taxation Interview Program (TIP) is the nation’s premier job fair for graduate tax students. Join us for the first ever virtual TIP!
WELCOME TO TIP 2021!
Each year, Georgetown University Law Center partners with New York University School of Law to sponsor the Taxation Interview Program, a job fair which enables private and public sector employers to interview some of the most promising tax LL.M. professionals from the top graduate tax programs in the country on one day. Employers also have the option of collecting candidate resumes through TIP.
Since 2001, TIP has been the nation’s flagship program for the recruitment of tax students. The program continually attracts the top law firms, government agencies and major accounting firms from around the country. In past years, over 150 students and more than 75 employers have participated in our annual interview program. See the full list of past participating TIP employers.
Interview Date and Format
TIP 2021 will be held virtually on Friday, March 5, 2021 which will mark the 20th Anniversary of the Taxation Interview Program. Interviews during the Taxation Interview Program will be hosted on the InternX platform. More information about InternX will be forthcoming.
As in prior years, employers will have the opportunity to pre-screen resumes and to select the specific candidates whom they wish to interview. The candidate pool will include:
- Tax LL.M. candidates from Georgetown Law and NYU Law, including both U.S- and foreign-trained attorneys. Most candidates are pursuing their degrees as full-time students graduating in May 2021, but some part-time students will also participate.
- Tax LL.M. graduates from Georgetown Law and NYU Law who are now in their final year as law clerks for Judges on the U.S. Tax Court.
- Georgetown Law and NYU Law students enrolled in and recently graduated from the J.D./LL.M. joint degree program in Taxation.
- Georgetown Law Tax LL.M. students who are also enrolled in the Certificate in Employee Benefits, Certificate in State and Local Taxation, Certificate in Estate Planning and Certificate in International Taxation programs, and NYU students enrolled in the LL.M. in International Taxation.
- NYU Law students enrolling in the Spring 2021 semester and completing their LL.M. in Taxation in Summer 2021
For more information about the Taxation Interview Program, please use the links to the side and below:
Georgetown Law and NYU Law are committed to a policy that prohibits discrimination and harassment in education and employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, handicap or disability, or sexual orientation, personal appearance, family responsibility, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, political affiliation, veteran’s status or any other factor prohibited by law; and to promote the realization of equality of opportunity in education and employment throughout the Law Center in accordance with the policy expressed in the University-wide Affirmative Action Plan.
By registering for this program, employers affirm their intent to comply with this policy and all applicable employment laws and regulations, including wage and hour laws.