Georgetown Law Open on Time
The Law Center will open on time Monday, March 2, 2015, but liberal leave is in effect. All designated emergency employees must report to work on time. All other employees may take unscheduled leave, but should contact their supervisor to discuss the needs of their unit and individual circumstances.
Configuring Gmail to Send & Receive LawMail
You can configure Gmail so that it appears as though the emails sent from that account are coming from your LawMail account.
- Open your Gmail account.
- Click on the Settings link, located in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- The Settings page will open.
- Click on the Accounts and Import link, located at the top of the page.
- The Accounts and Import page will open.
- Click on the Send Mail From Another Address button.
- The first dialog of the Add Another Email Address You Own wizard will open.
- Enter your LawMail address in the Email Address field and click on the Next Step button.
- The second dialog of the Add Another Email Address You Own wizard will open.
- Make sure the Send through Gmail (easier to set up) option is selected.
- Click on the Next Step button.
- Gmail will send an email to your LawMail account and the third dialog of the Add Another Email Address You Own wizard will open.
- Sign into your LawMail account and open the email from Gmail.
- Copy the confirmation code from that email and paste it into the Verify field of the third dialog of the Add Another Email Address You Own wizard.
- Click on the Verify button.
- You will return to the Accounts and Import page.
- Click on the Make Default link, located to the right of your LawMail address.
- Browse to http://www.law.georgetown.edu/system/account/forwarding.
- Enter your Gmail address in the Forward E-Mail to this Address field.
- Do not enable the Check To Leave A Copy Of Incoming Messages In Your Georgetown Law Mail Inbox field.*
- Click on the Update button.
- Gmail will now be configured to send and receive LawMail.
*Your LawMail inbox can fill up quickly, especially if you are not checking it. Once it does, you can no longer send or receive LawMail. So, it is best to leave the Check To Leave A Copy Of Incoming Messages In Your Georgetown Law Mail Inbox field disabled (without the checkmark).
Click HERE to return to the Configuring AppleMail, Gmail, Outlook and Yahoo Mail to Send and Receive LawMail page.