Law Center Email Lists
The Appropriate Process and Policy for the Distribution of Broadcast Email Messages
- To send an email message to all Law Center students, faculty and staff members, please send a request to email@example.com indicating the target audience, the desired date of delivery, and any special instructions.
- Before making a request, please read Georgetown University's Transmission of Messages via Broadcast Communication policy, located HERE.
- Because messages are reviewed by several members of the administration, it usually takes one business day for messages to be delivered.
The Appropriate Use of Law Center Email Lists
- The All Faculty and Staff list (firstname.lastname@example.org) is intended for official Georgetown University communications. Law Center members can send official email messages directly to the All Faculty and Staff email list from their Law Center email accounts.
- The Georgetown Law Announcements list (email@example.com) is intended for personal announcements. Law Center members can send personal messages and announcements directly to the Georgetown Law Announcements email list from their Law Center email accounts.
- All faculty and staff are automatically added to both lists. You can unsubscribe from the Georgetown Law Announcements list by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who Belongs To Which Email Lists?
- The Law Faculty Only list (email@example.com) is comprised of core faculty, as identified by the Dean's Office.
- The Law Faculty and Visitors list (firstname.lastname@example.org) is comprised of the previous group, plus visiting faculty and some adjuncts, as identified by the Dean's Office.
- The Law Center Staff list (email@example.com) is comprised of staff members.
- The Law Center Deans list (firstname.lastname@example.org) is comprised of senior administrators attending the weekly Dean's general meeting.
- The All Faculty and Staff list (email@example.com) is comprised of all of the above.
- The All Students list (firstname.lastname@example.org) is comprised of the entire student body.
Processes and Policies for Sending Email Broadcasts to Other Georgetown University Campuses
- For instructions on sending broadcasts to other Georgetown University campuses, please visit broadcast.georgetown.edu.
- When prompted to login, use your NetID and MyAccess password.