Technology Orientation for Faculty, Staff and Fellows
THE TECHNOLOGY SERVICE DESK
- The Technology Service Desk is located in McDonough Hall, Room 152.
- The email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Technology Service Desk will be open during regularly scheduled class hours.
- For more information on the use of technology at the Law Center, please visit http://www.law.georgetown.edu/campus-services/ist.
- Your Network (NetID) is your username for all Georgetown systems.
- To determine what your NetID is, navigate to http://contact.georgetown.edu. Type your last name in the Search field and click the Search button. A Directory page containing the NetIDs that match your search criteria will appear.
- If you cannot find your NetID, please contact Melvinia Towns at 202-662-9050 or email@example.com.
- Your default password is a capital A followed by the last six digits of your Social Security Number without the dashes (e.g., A456789).
- To change your password, please visit the Georgetown NetID Password Management System webpage, located at https://password.georgetown.edu.
- Please take the time to setup answers to the personal questions asked on the Georgetown NetID Password Management System webpage, so that you can change your password in the future without going through the Technology Service Desk.
YOUR LAW CENTER COMPUTER
- Georgetown University Law Center provides computers for faculty, staff and fellow use.
- Instructions on accessing and using the Law Center's network are located at http://www.law.georgetown.edu/campus-services/ist/support-training/online-tutorials/AccessingUsingTheLawCenterNetwork.cfm.
- Information on supported software are located at http://www.law.georgetown.edu/campus-services/ist/support-training/SupportedSoftware.cfm.
- The installation or downloading of unsupported software is strictly prohibited.
- The Law Center's email system is called LawMail.
- Your LawMail address is YourNetID@law.georgetown.edu.
- To log into LawMail, double-click on the Outlook icon located on your desktop.
- Detailed instructions for using Outlook are located at http://www.law.georgetown.edu/campus-services/ist/support-training/online-tutorials/microsoft-office/MicrosoftOutlook.cfm.
THE LAW CENTER'S RESTRICTED WEBSITES
- To log into the Law Center's restricted websites, navigate to https://apps.law.georgetown.edu/system/login.cfm.
- GMS allows you to access your employment information online. Address changes can also be made through this system. To access GMS, navigate to http://gms.georgetown.edu.
- All faculty, staff and fellows are assigned a phone number and a voicemail box.
- You can access the University's online phone directory at http://contact.georgetown.edu.
- For any other telecom inquiries, please contact the Technology Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Law Center follows Georgetown University's Computer Systems Acceptable Use Policy. That policy can be found at http://policies.georgetown.edu/31641.html.
- The IST Department does not work on computers that do not belong to the University. If you have a home computer and are in need of technical support, you need to contact your computer manufacturer or a local area service provider.