Technology Orientation for Faculty, Staff and Fellows
- Your Network (NetID) is your username for all Georgetown systems.
- To determine what your NetID is, navigate to http://contact.georgetown.edu. Type your last name in the Search field and click the Search button. A Directory page containing the NetIDs that match your search criteria will appear.
- If you cannot find your NetID, please contact Melvinia Towns at 202-662-9050 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please be advised that you have two Georgetown University-issued passwords: your Law Center password and your NetID password.
- To obtain your passwords, please contact the IST Helpdesk at email@example.com.
- To facilitate your computing experience at Georgetown, we highly recommends that you make your Law Center and NetID passwords the same.
YOUR LAW CENTER COMPUTER
- Georgetown University Law Center provides computers for faculty, staff and fellow use.
- Instructions on accessing and using the Law Center's network are located at http://www.law.georgetown.edu/campus-services/ist/support-training/online-tutorials/AccessingUsingTheLawCenterNetwork.cfm.
- Information on supported software are located at http://www.law.georgetown.edu/campus-services/ist/support-training/SupportedSoftware.cfm.
- The installation or downloading of unsupported software is strictly prohibited.
- The Law Center's email system is called LawMail.
- Your LawMail address is YourNetID@law.georgetown.edu.
- To log into LawMail, double-click on the Outlook icon located on your desktop.
- Detailed instructions for using Outlook are located at http://www.law.georgetown.edu/campus-services/ist/support-training/online-tutorials/microsoft-office/MicrosoftOutlook.cfm.
THE LAW CENTER'S RESTRICTED WEBSITES
- To log into the Law Center's restricted websites, navigate to https://apps.law.georgetown.edu/system/login.cfm.
- GMS allows you to access your employment information online. Address changes can also be made through this system. To access GMS, navigate to http://gms.georgetown.edu.
- All faculty, staff and fellows are assigned a phone number and a voicemail box.
- You can access the University's online phone directory at http://contact.georgetown.edu.
- For any other telecom inquiries, please contact the Telecom Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Law Center follows Georgetown University's Computer Systems Acceptable Use Policy. That policy can be found at http://policies.georgetown.edu/31641.html.
- The IST Department does not work on computers that do not belong to the University. If you have a home computer and are in need of technical support, you need to contact your computer manufacturer or a local area service provider.
TRAINING AND SUPPORT
- Training is available for most of the computer applications used at the Law Center.
- Public classes are announced by email and can be found at http://www.law.georgetown.edu/campus-services/ist/support-training/public-classes/index.cfm.
- You can also contact Dianne Ferro, Assistant Director of Training, for one-on-one sessions at email@example.com.
- If you have further questions, please contact the IST Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org.