Passwords and Security
Changing Your Georgetown University Password
All members of the Georgetown University community must change their passwords twice a year.
The easiest way to change your password is through the Georgetown NetID Password Management System webpage, located at https://password.georgetown.edu. Please be advised that you must setup answers to the personal questions asked on that webpage before you can reset your password.
You can also call the UIS (Main Campus) Help Desk at 202-687-4949. One of the technicians there will be able to walk you through the password change process over the phone. The UIS Help Desk is open 24/7.
Please note, your new NetID password must meet certain requirements. It must:
- Be a Minimum 8 characters in length
- Be a Maximum 32 characters in length
- Contain at least 1 uppercase or lowercase alphabetic character
- Contain at least 1 number
- Contain at least 1 punctuation or symbol character
- Not be derived from a dictionary word or simple pattern such as abcdefgh
- Not be a repetitive pattern such as 777 or ccc
Please remember that once you change your password, you will need to reconfigure your mobile devices and your connection to gulaw-secure. In addition, you will need to restart your Law Center computer and login with your new password to resume full functionality.
- Instructions for configuring Entourage, Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo Mail and/or hand held devices to send and receive LawMail can be found at http://www.law.georgetown.edu/campus-services/ist/communications/LawMailInformation.cfm;
- Instructions for attaching to gulaw-secure can be found at http://www.law.georgetown.edu/campus-services/ist/communications/GULAW-SECURE.cfm; and
- All web based applications will need to be accessed with your new password going forward — you will need to exit and relaunch your browser in most cases.