Changing Your Site Settings (Title, Semester, Password, Etc.)
- Open your Courseware site.
- Go to the Manage tab.
- Click on the Site Settings button.
- The Edit Site page will open.
- Change the course name in the Title field.
- Change your name (or add another name) in the Subtitle field.
- Click on the downward-pointing arrow to the right of the Term field to change the semester and year.
- Change the year, semester and course ID (without any dashes) in the CourseID field. (Semesters are represented by A for spring, B for summer, and C for fall.) For example, if your course ID were LAWJ-165-03 and you were teaching in the fall of 2012, you would type 2012C16503 in the CourseID field.
- Change the site password in the Password field.
- Make the tab visible or hidden in the Status section.
- Change the site’s accessibility in the Dates section.
- Determine whether the help tab will be visible in the Help section.
- Decide whether users can use the email functionality of your site in the Email section.
- If you already have created a web page, type its URL in the Forwarding field.
- Click on the Submit button.
- Your changes will go into effect immediately.
Note: The Forwarding field is for those faculty members who have already created websites elsewhere that they want to use. If you enter a URL in this field, every time a student clicks on your Courseware site link, he or she will automatically be forwarded to that website.
Click HERE to return to the Online Courseware Tutorial for Faculty page.