Georgetown Law Open on Time
The Law Center will open on time, Tuesday, January 27, 2015, but liberal leave is in effect.
All designated emergency employees must report to work on time. All other employees may take unscheduled leave, but should contact their supervisor to discuss the needs of their unit and individual circumstances. Classes will begin at their normal time, unless otherwise noted on the class cancellation line: 202-662-9446 or the class cancellation page. Any changes to this announcement will be communicated through the same channels by 5:00 am on Tuesday morning.
Law Library Catalog Outage
UPDATE: The catalog and all library access should be restored.
We're performing Quality Assurance to make sure.
On Thursday, May 23, the Law Library online catalog will be unavailable.
Off-campus access to most databases (except Lexis/Westlaw/Bloomberg) will be unavailable.
Our catalog vendor is performing a major upgrade to the system.
Outage expected for: 8:00am - 8:00pm Thursday, May 23
[page last updated: May 23 at 4:00pm]
These services will be unavailable:
- Online catalog (GULLiver and GULLiver Discovery unavailable)
- Remote database access through our website
- Paging books within the law library
These services will remain uninterrupted:
- Our library website will be online
- Chat With a Librarian service will be available during reference hours (9am-5pm)
- Our library building will be open normal hours.
- You can request books via Interlibrary Loan using our service for this purpose.
Sources for Finding Books While the Catalog is Offline
- Georgetown Law Library Treatise Finder
- Georgetown Law Library Research Guides
- Georgetown University Library Catalog (doesn't include our law collection)
Note: Check our Twitter Account for interim updates.