IST Policy for Departing Faculty & Staff
- Your LawMail account will be deleted 90 days after your departure.
- To save any LawMail data, including your contacts, you will need to export it before you leave. Instructions for doing so can be found in Section 6: Exporting & Importing LawMail Data of the LawMail Information page, located at http://www.law.georgetown.edu/campus-services/ist/communications/LawMailInformation.cfm.
- Before you leave, we recommend that you create a vacation message stating that after the 90-day period (provide the specific date) your LawMail account will no longer function.
- In the same vacation message, we recommend that you provide a functioning address where people can email you.
- The data on your computer will be erased 30 days after your departure.
- If you would like to save any data from your computer, please contact the Technology Service Desk at email@example.com two weeks before you leave.
- Service Desk technicians will help you transfer your data to a memory key.
- You must provide the memory key.
- Your phone number will be reassigned within 30 days of your departure.
- We recommend changing your voicemail message on your day of departure, referring callers to your new number.