All Georgetown Law Center technology support activities are handled by the Information Systems Technology Service Desk (SD). The SD serves as the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for all end-users (faculty/students/staff) who need help with any technology issues and facilities incidents or requests for:
- PCs and Peripherals
- Application and Web Support
- Network Support
- Server Support
- Telecommunication Support
- Student IT Support
- Phone Support
- AV(Multimedia) Support
- IT-related Projects
- Classroom/Office/Library Technology Support
In order to ensure optimal customer service, any coordination necessary to execute your request with other departments will also be handled by the SD. For AV support requests please fill out a request at the following link: http://appsdev.law.georgetown.edu/classroom-av-request/ as additional information are needed in order to process your request.
Hours of support for the Service Desk during the Fall/Spring semester are:
- Monday - Thursday: 7:30 am to 10 pm
- Friday: 7:30am - 6pm
- Saturday: 8:30 am to 5 pm
- 24x7 Emergency Support for enterprise wide issues
This extended schedule covers all scheduled classes and office hours. Arrangements for coverage can also be made for special events/classes outside this schedule by contacting the SD ahead of time.
There are several ways to submit a request to the SD for assistance:
- Call x9284 - or 202.662.9284 from outside the Law Center - you may also leave a voicemail, during after hours, and a technician will get back to you during business hours.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org anytime from anywhere.
- Use Self Service at http://gulaw.sysaidit.com/Login.jsp - you will be prompted for your NetID credentials.
- Walk over to McDonough Hall, Room 152.
It's important that all calls are routed via the SD for tracking and triaging purposes. Please do not bypass the system by calling support people directly.
Upon submission of your request, you will receive an automated email confirmation with a ticket number. You may also receive additional update emails as we work to complete your request. Once your ticket is closed you will receive another email, as our technicians have been instructed to confirm ticket completion with the customer prior to closing it.
In order to receive real-time feedback from our customers, 10% of the tickets closed will generate a link to a customer survey where you can comment on the quality and caliber of the service received. Please do not hesitate to email email@example.com if you feel that your expectations have not been met. The matrix available at the link below contains information on the different priority levels http://www.law.georgetown.edu/campus-services/ist/service-desk/issue-response-resolution.cfm with their corresponding response times found at: http://www.law.georgetown.edu/campus-services/ist/service-desk/Service-Level-Agreements.cfm.