Printing from a Law Center Public Computer
The public computers located in the E.B. Williams and John Wolff Law Libraries all have access to laser printers. Printing costs 6¢ per page, deducted from your GoCard. To use the Law Center's public printing system (called Pharos), please follow the instructions listed below. You must have a GoCard to use this service.
- Save your file, if necessary.
- Execute the print command from the active application.
- A Print Job Details dialog will open.
- Type your NetID in the Please enter your NetID field.
- Enter a password for your print job in the Please Enter a Password for This Job field.
- Click on the Print button. (Your job will stay in the print queue for one hour.)
- Go to a Pharos Print Station.
- Swipe your GoCard through the attached card reader.
- A print queue will appear.
- Select your print job.
- Click on the Print button.
- The Protected Job Password dialog will appear.
- Type your print job's password.
- Click on the OK button.
- Your document will print.
- The screen will revert to the Pharos Printing System desktop within five (5) seconds.
- If you leave the Pharos Print Station before the screen reverts, click on the Log Off button to ensure that you are not charged for someone else's print job.
- A list of Pharos Print Station locations can be found HERE.
Note: Once you go to the Pharos Print Station, you have approximately 5 seconds to select your job from the queue and print it before the screen reverts to the Pharos Printing System desktop. If the screen does revert, simply swipe your GoCard and start over. No amount will be deducted from your GoCard until you click on the OK button of the Protected Job Password dialog.
Note 2: You must enter your NetID in Step 4, or you will not see your print job when you swipe your GoCard.