Printing with a Georgetown University Debit Card
The public computers located in the E.B. Williams Law Library and the John Wolff Reading Room have access to laser printers. Printing costs 6¢ per page, deducted from your Georgetown University Debit Card. To use the Law Center's public printing system (called Pharos), please follow the instructions listed below. You must have a GU debit card to use this service.
- Save your file, if necessary.
- Execute the print command from the active application.
- A Print Job Details dialog will open.
- Enter the last five digits of your Georgetown University Debit Card number in the Please enter your NetID field.
- Enter a password for your print job in the Please Enter a Password for This Job field.
- Click on the Print button. (Your job will stay in the print queue for one hour.)
- Go to a Pharos Print Station.
- Swipe your Georgetown University Debit Card through the attached card reader.
- A print queue will appear.
- Select your print job.
- Click on the Print button.
- The Protected Job Password dialog will appear.
- Type your print job's password.
- Click on the OK button.
- Your document will print.
- The screen will revert to the Pharos Printing System desktop within five (5) seconds.
- If you leave the Pharos Print Station before the screen reverts, click on the Log Off button to ensure that you are not charged for someone else's print job.
Note: Once you go to one of the Georgetown University Debit Card Print Stations, you have approximately 5 seconds to select your job from the queue and print it before the screen reverts to the Pharos Printing System desktop. If the screen does revert, simply swipe your Georgetown University Debit Card and start over. No amount will be deducted from your Georgetown University Debit Card until you click on the OK button of the Protected Job Password dialog.
Note: You must enter the last 5 digits of you GU Debit Card as the NetID in Step 4, or you will not see your print job when you swipe your Debit Card.