Setting Up a Forum (Threaded Discussion)
Setting up a forum on the Discussion tab is the same as creating a folder on any other tab. A notable difference is that forums appear on the right-hand side of the Discussion tab, while folders appear on the left-hand side of the other tabs.
- Open your Courseware site.
- Go to the Discussion tab.
- Click on the Add Forum button.
- The New Discussion Forum page will appear.
- Type the forum’s name in the Title field.
- Type a description of the forum (if needed) in the Description field.
- Determine who can edit postings in the Editing section.
- Determine who can post messages in the Posting section.
- Decide how many days students have to edit their postings in the Editing Days section. (0 days means that students cannot edit their postings at all.)
- Determine how many days students have to delete their postings in the Delete Days section. (0 days means that students cannot delete their postings at all.)
- Determine whether the forum will be visible or hidden in the Status section.
- Click on the Submit button.
- The newly created forum will appear on the right-hand side of the tab.
Click HERE to return to the Online Courseware Tutorial for Faculty page.