This State Guide lists the major sources of law in Delaware.
- Delaware Legal Resources
A guide to legal publications and research in published by the Widener University School of Law.
- Delaware Legal Information: A Research Guide (University of Delaware)
- Selective Annotated Bibliography of Delaware State Documents and other Resources Used in Delaware Legal Research, KFD1 .E38 2008
STATUTES & LEGISLATION
- Print: Delaware Code Annotated (official) KFD30 1953 .A24
- Session Laws: HeinOnline, 1941-
- Compiling a Delaware Legislative History (from Widener University School of Law)
REGULATIONS & AGENCIES
- Print: Code of Delaware Regulations KFD35 .A2 1996 (Subscription cancelled. Last updated in 2008)
- Governor's Office
- Attorney General's Office
- State Agencies
CASES & COURTS
- Print: Atlantic Reporter (1st & 2nd series) KF135 .A712
- Westlaw: DE-CS (state cases) & DE-CS-ALL (state and federal cases)
- Lexis: DEL;DECTS (state cases) & MEGA;DEMEGA (state and federal cases)
- Delaware Supreme Court Opinions (2000 - present)
- Delaware Supreme Court Opinions, October 1998 - (from FindLaw)
Note that Delaware does not have its own state digest; to find cases using printed materials, you must use the Atlantic Digest .
- Delaware Courts (opinions from the Supreme Court, Court of Chancery, Superior Court & Court of Common Pleas)
- Delaware Court System Overview
- Court Rules and Forms
STATE LAW REVIEWS & BAR JOURNALS
- Widener Law Review
- State Bar
- Ethics Opinions (1978 - present)
- Ethics Rules
- Westlaw: Not available
- DEJETH (1985 - present)
Last Updated 07/12 (MK)
© Georgetown University Law Library. These guides may be used for educational purposes, as long as proper credit is given. These guides may not be sold. Requests to republish or adapt a guide should be directed to the Head of Reference. Proper credit includes the statement: Written by, or adapted from, Georgetown Law Library (current as of .....).