Certifications & Verifications

Certifications and Verifications include, but are not limited to:

  • State-Bar forms;
  • Enrollment/good standing verifications;
  • Certifications of graduation; and
  • Loan & Insurance forms

The above certification requests are NOT accepted via telephone.  All certifications require a written request (with an original signature – electronic signatures are not accepted) by the student.  Inclusion of your GOCard or Social Security number, daytime phone number, and delivery instructions are essential for timely processing.

PLEASE NOTE: Certifications will not be released to students with account holds or blocks.

To request any of the certifications above, please complete a Certification Request Form:

Please return the COMPLETED form to:

Office of the Registrar
Hotung Building, Suite 4101
600 New Jersey Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20001
Fax: 202-662-9235

If you are requesting multiple certifications (including multiple state-bar certifications), please note each requires its own Certification Request Form.

There is no charge for certification services and envelopes with postage are not required.  Normal processing takes 3-5 business days but may take up to 7 business days during heavy volume periods.  Expedition is not available.  Certifications can be mailed, emailed, faxed, or picked-up.

Further information regarding State Bar certifications.

Canadian Students with a “Tuition and Education Amounts Certificate for a University Outside of Canada”

Please note that if you have a “Tuition and Education Amounts Certificate for a University Outside of Canada” to be completed by the Law Center, the form must be completed by the Office of Student Accounts (581 McDonough Hall).  For additional information, please contact that office at 202-662-9057.

Degree and Enrollment Verifications

The National Student Clearinghouse is our authorized agent for providing confirmation of enrollment and degree(s).  If you are an employer or background screening firm requesting this information, please refer to our third-party request webpage to request this information.

Enrollment/Good Standing

Students may request a letter confirming their enrollment and good standing at Georgetown University Law Center.  This letter will state a student’s enrollment status, student standing, and attendance dates.

Certification of Graduation

Students may request a certification of graduation.  This letter will certify a student’s degree and degree conferral date.  This letter is different than an official diploma translation.