Zoom Synchronous Participation From Home
Below are instructions for teaching an online Zoom class
- Please submit the Teaching Online Form in order to request to teach online from the home. Training is encouraged and highly recommended before you do that for the first time.
- IST will earmark your Zoom recording for import from Zoom into your Panopto folder
- Accessing and running your online class (This scenario is for faculty teaching at their regularly scheduled class time):
- Faculty NEED to sign in to their Georgetown Zoom Accounts in order to be recognized as session hosts. You cannot start the meeting without doing this first
- All attendees will use the Join Online Class link in their Canvas course to join meetings. The
- Zoom sessions will record automatically. Please refrain from stopping or pausing recordings
- Faculty will need to use the Waiting Room Feature to allow participants in to the Zoom session
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours prior to your session for information on guest speakers OR invite guest speakers directly from the Zoom session after launching.
Faculty can call 202-662-ZOOM for immediate assistance just before or during the class