Zoom Synchronous Participation From Home
Below are instructions for teaching an online Zoom class
- Please submit the Teaching Online Form if you are planning to teach via Zoom to alert both IST and Academic Affairs that you plan to teach via Zoom. Training is encouraged and highly recommended.
- Communicate with your students and confirm your teaching time/date. Send a Canvas Announcement or email to let students know that you will be holding class online.
- Faculty teaching at their regularly scheduled class time/date can simply follow the steps below. If faculty plan to teach at a different time and date, they must fill out a Reschedule Form. Do not use the Join Online Class instructions below if you are not teaching at your regularly scheduled time and date.
- Faculty NEED to first sign in to their Georgetown Zoom Accounts in order to be recognized as session hosts. You need host rights to screen share and to utilize other teaching functions in Zoom. This step can be done at any time prior to class.
- After signing in to Zoom, Log in to Canvas. All attendees will use the Join Online Class link in their Canvas course to join meetings.
- Zoom sessions will record automatically. Please refrain from stopping or pausing recordings and note that private conversations should be held outside of the Zoom class session.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours prior to your session for information on guest speakers OR invite guest speakers directly from the Zoom session after launching (or if you have any other questions regarding online teaching).
- IST will earmark your Zoom recording for import from Zoom into your Panopto folder where it can be accessed by students Via Canvas. Please expect a 24 hour wait for your recording to be available for playback.
Faculty can call 202-662-ZOOM for immediate assistance just before or during the class