SUA applications for Law Center Affiliates are processed by Law Center Service Desk.

Submit a Sponsor University Associate form then, upload a copy of a Government-issued identification using the following Box link.  Include the applicant’s first and last name on both files.  (Example: ID_Name and SUA form_Name)

Contact the Law Center Service Desk for support and questions related SUA’s application status.

Outline of workflow for SUA NetID Creation

Troubleshooting SUA Issues

Electronic Services Available to Associates

Who are Sponsored University Associates?
Sponsored University Associates (SUAs) are individuals who are “lightly affiliated” with Georgetown University. They engage with Georgetown in a variety of non-academic and academic roles and do not function as employees of the university. Contractors, collaborators, volunteers, and vendor reps, are examples of Sponsored University Associates.

What form should I use for a Sponsored Associate?
The SUA Request Form (PDF) can be completed for a person who needs a NetID as an Associate.

Who can add new Sponsored Associates to the SUA system?
Only authorized submitters in each department can add new Sponsored University Associates. The submitter is often the one who handles HR/administration for a department.

Where does an authorized submitter go to enter a new Sponsored Associate?
A submitter can use the NetID-enabled SUA entry tool.

What is the new identity verification process?
Each Associate must provide verification of identity to the sponsoring department in the form of a government-issued photo ID (driver’s license or passport). If the application is submitted remotely, a photocopy of the driver’s license or passport must be included. The authorized individual in the department, known as the Attester, reviews the documents and records the information in the SUA system.

How long can an Associate be active without review?
Associate status is granted for a maximum of one year at a time but can be renewed an indefinite number of times.

What services do Sponsored University Associates receive?
Associates automatically receive a NetID, GUID, and Google Apps account. For a list of additional services available on request, see the services available for SUAs.

Should minors who are Non-Georgetown Student Volunteers or Unpaid Interns go into the SUA system?
Yes. The Georgetown University’s Protection of Minors Policy sets forth guidelines and requirements for the protection of minors (individuals under the age of 18) who are involved in University programs and activities, and for University faculty, staff, and students who are involved in such programs.

The supervisor of every minor who will work as an unpaid volunteer or intern is required to:

  • Enter the minor volunteer or intern into the SUA system by submitting an SUA request form.
  • Notify the Office of Compliance and Ethics (OCE) at and provide the minor’s name, the name and net ID of the supervisor, the name of the department, the dates of engagement, and a brief description of the work the minor will be doing. OCE will then advise the supervisor of his/her obligations under the Protection of Minors Policy.

Who can I contact for help or support?
Questions can be directed to Law Center GOCard Office at  or, the SUA Administrator at