Lawyer/Law Firm Directories
UNITED STATES ONLY
- Chambers Associate: A free career guide published by Chambers and Partners to help U.S. law students choose the right law firm.
- Legal Directories.com: Provides free, extensive and accurate attorney, firm, and mediator listings on the Internet.
- Law Forum: Locate lawyers and legal resources by area of practice or state.
- Law.com: Guide to the practice of law in the U.S. The site includes legal articles, a job search, and information on various practice areas. The site is available with a 2- week trial membership or by becoming a member.
- Lawyers.com: Legal directory for attorneys and firms by city and state.
- Law Jobs• LAW JOBS: Links to search firms' profiles, which include info on all positions currently being announced by that firm.
- Lawyer Profiles: Nationally indexed location for North Carolina and select U.S. law firms.
- National Association of Legal Practioners (NALP): The online NALP Directory of Legal Employers provides information on more than 1600 employers. Users can search on a variety of criteria to find employers that match their personal interests- whether geographic area, specialization, or office size. Once a search list is created, users can create a custom mist of employees that will be saved, download a mail merge file for contact letters, or create comparison charts. The directory is free and fully searchable for all users.
- Westlaw: Comprehensive national legal job listing database.
UNITED STATES AND INTERNATIONAL
- Martindale: Directory listing more than 1 million lawyers and law firms worldwide. Browse by location, law firm, practice area, or law firm. Includes legal articles, professional development resources, and top 10 lists.
- Taglaw: A Source of Expert Lawyers for the International Legal and Business Professional. The TAGLaw network has 80 law firms with 145 offices hosting approximately 3000 lawyers in 46 countries.
- The Legal 500 Series: Guide to those lawyers identified by researchers of Legal Business magazine and The Legal 500 as being specialists in particular areas of legal practice. The guide brings together lawyers in areas as diverse as advertising and agriculture, charity law and civil fraud, corporate and commercial property, defamation and derivatives, environment and Eurobonds, shipping and sports law and many more. Guide to the legal market in over 60 countries.
- World Law: A guide to law firms around the globe with link to World Legal Forum, A guide to law firms around the globe. Contains articles by leading lawyers, recommendations of key lawyers, information about the country's firms and legislative developments.
- World Legal Forum: A guide to law firms in Europe, the Americas, Middle East, Offshore, Africa and Asia.
- Catalaw: CataLaw is the catalog of catalogs of worldwide law on the Internet. You will find multinational directories and links to law firms in Australia, Canada, Europe, Ireland, Israel, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom, United States.
- Chambers and Partners: To find a lawyer or law firm using this online guide that includes Chambers Asia, Chambers Europe, Chambers Latin America, Chambers UK and Chambers USA.
- Euro-American Lawyers Group: List of some law firms in Europe, Scandinavia, the United States and Central America.
- Findlaw: Link to a comprehensive Web site with information and a list of law firms engaged in a variety of legal areas. Browse by topic area. Information about lawyers and law firms around the world. Useful for the salary comparison charts, however not a comprehensive tool for job searching.
- Hieros Gamos Legal Directories: Worldwide directory of law firms and lawyers. Extremely comprehensive with directories organized by region. Includes information on U.S. and international law, legal associations, and professional development
- Interleges: Interleges is an international association of independent law firms, with offices across the countries of the European Union, Eastern Europe, North America, the Middle East and in other key commercial regions of the world. Includes information about some prominent law firms in the world.
- International Law Firms: "International Law Firms," an association of independent commercial law firms in all major cities of the world, each of them specializing in those areas of commercial law which are important in those cities.
- Law Business Research Limited: Directory of commercial arbitrators, banking, competition, corporate immigration, corporate tax, franchising, insolvency and restructuring, e-commerce, labor and employment, litigation, merger and acquisition, mining, patent, private funds, product liability defense, project finance, real estate, telecom, trade and customs lawyers.
- Law Firms and Legal Issues Around the World: Information on law firms in different countries of the world, as well as important legal issues related to those countries.
- Law Guru: Find an Attorney by area of specialization both in the U.S. and abroad.
- Lawyers Online: Directory of lawyers, law firms and related professionals. It is arranged by geographic location and areas of law and is a remarkably easy way to find specific attorneys and professionals. It also provides a link to all the Regional Bar Associations.
- Lex Mundi: This is an organization of independent law firms providing exchange of professional information about the local and global practice and development of law.
- The World Law Guide: Lexadin is a world law guide that offers law firm listings in more than 40 countries. Also find law schools, courts, and cases.
- Avrio Advocati: International law firms association focused on Europe
- Cabinets D'Avocats en France: Cabinets d’Avocats en France intends to inform and add some transparency on a market, which offers - with more than 30,000 lawyers in France - a vast variety of firms and different services and areas of practice.
- Eurojuris: Eurojuris is a leading network of European law firms. Direct legal advice and local representation to companies, corporations, public authorities and private clients all over Europe.
- Law Online Singapore: List of law local, joint venture and foreign law firms in Singapore.
- Pacific Rim Advisory Council: PRAC is a unique strategic alliance within the global legal community comprising 29 top rated independent law firms providing legal services to major international companies with substantial business dealings across the Pacific Rim. Through PRAC, member firms have been able to provide clients with unparalleled expertise on the legal and business issues facing not only Asia but also the broader Pacific Rim region.
Back to Informational Sites