Sample Questions Employers May Ask
- Tell me about yourself.
- Tell me why I should hire you.
- What accomplishment has given you the most satisfaction?
- What do you consider to be your greatest strengths and weaknesses?
- Why did you choose to go to ___ law school?
- Why did you choose to go to Georgetown Law?
Why did you decide to pursue a Master of Laws?
- What courses have you enjoyed at Georgetown Law? Why?
- What attracted you to this firm or organization?
- Where do you see yourself in five to 10 years?
- What are your short-term and long-term career goals?
- What is your ideal job?
- Describe your experience in ___ position. What did you like or dislike about the position?
- Tell me about your work background.
- What skills did you develop in your previous position?
- Do you have supervisory experience?
- What type of issues or cases have you worked on?
- What type of work have you done that relates to our practice?
- What do you see as your strengths?
- What do you see as your weaknesses?
Note: Employers generally conclude by asking if you have any additional questions. Make sure you do!